I haven’t written a blog post in a few months. Lest you think I’ve been slumped in front of the TV with a box of bonbons by my side, here’s an update, numbered for convenience. I’m all about convenience, unless it’s a microwave burrito from Seven-Eleven. (Does anyone actually eat those?)
- I’ve been writing for other blogs. Yes, I’ve been cheating on you. JamPlay is one of the biggest online guitar teaching sites and they asked me to pen a few posts:
I’ll be writing more for them in the future.
- I’m working on my second book. The book is about women’s music of the seventies and eighties. I have a contract with an academic press. I’m hoping the book will be out by the end of 2016. More about it here.
- I’ve been writing CD reviews for Minor7th and SingOut! (Artists and labels, I don’t review anything sent directly to me. Please consult each website for submission guidelines.)
- I’m also writing musician bios. If you’re a performer and your bio is stinkin’ up the place, contact me here. My rates are reasonable, turnaround is quick, and you’ll get a creative bio that won’t require readers to reach for the Red Bull. More here.
- I’m preparing for my next tour. I’m a singer-songwriter who plays in the states mostly although I get crazy once in a while and perform at home in Ottawa, Canada. My tour schedule is here.
6. I teach guitar, ukulele, mandolin, and songwriting in my home studio in Ottawa as well as via Skype from anywhere in the world. Want to know more? Contact me here. I also teach in North Carolina in June – private lessons as well as classes at the Durham Arts Council and High Strung Guitars and Violins. And, because I’m an over achiever, I also teach in Ottawa at the Bluesfest School of Music and for the City of Ottawa.
I’m not really a parking lot attendant. Besides, I’m legally blind in one eye so you don’t want to hand me the keys to your Volvo.
Gotta run … I’m on deadline.